I love a good risotto! This recipe uses sweet peas, mushrooms and savory pancetta for a perfectly balanced dish. Tip: You can use any leftovers to make arancini!
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup pancetta, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmigiano
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt + more to taste
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Sautee garlic and onion in olive oil in a deep pan or dutch oven.
- Add arborio, stirring until completely coated in oil (2 minutes).
- Pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is cooked off.
- Add a 1/2 cup of broth to the arborio and stir until the broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth a 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the broth is absorbed and the rice is al dente (15 to 20 minutes).
- In a separate pan, cook pancetta until fat is rendered. Add mushrooms and peas and simmer until fully cooked.
- Add pancetta, mushrooms, peas, mascarpone, Parmigiano, black pepper and salt to taste to the cooked risotto and stir until fully combined.