Shortbread cookies are delicious! These pistachio shortbread cookies are the perfect pairing with coffee and tea. You can also add dried fruits like cherries or raisins to this recipe.
- 1 cup pistachio
- 2 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins or dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Toast pistachio in the oven for about 5 minutes, remove and let cool (leave the oven on but lower the temp to 325 F). Roughly chop the nuts and set them aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and beat until well combined. Next add the nuts (and optional fruit) and mix together on a low speed. Slowly start incorporating flour and salt until well combined.
- Gather dough and transfer to a sheet of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, pat down the dough into the shape of a rectangle. Pat down and gently roll out until it’s about 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a 2 or 3 inch cookie cutter or glass, slice cookies and transfer to the lined baking trays 1 inch apart from each other.
- Bake 10 minutes or until they have a hint of brown color on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack and enjoy with coffee or tea!