This recipe is something I came up with during quarantine when it was difficult to get to the grocery store for fresh produce. I had so many cans of tuna and chickpeas laying around and decided to combine them to make a salad. There is no cooking involved with this recipe so it’s super quick and easy to prepare! This would be a great served as a light meal, appetizer or side dish!
- 1 can tuna in olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon salt packed capers
- 1 tablespoon olives, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: Calabrian chili oil or red pepper flakes
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, mix and serve. May be chilled for later use as well.