This pumpkin spice ricotta cheesecake has just the right amount of fall flavor! I used cannoli shells for the crust but you could easily substitute with graham crackers if you need to. This sweet dessert can be served all season long and would make a great Thanksgiving pie!
For the filling:
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup ap flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, allspice, ginger)
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground cannoli shells
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, allspice, ginger)
- To make the crust, preheat oven to 375 F.
- Ground cannoli shells into a fine/coarse powder and add them to a bowl with the sugar and pumpkin spice. Pour in melted butter and mix to incorporate. Pour mixture into a 9 inch pie dish and flatten to the form of the dish using your fingers or a spatula. Bake 7 minutes or until golden brown and solid. Let cool while making the filling.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, add mascarpone, ricotta, vanilla, flour, pumpkin spice and sugar into a bowl and beat until combined. Lower the speed and add 1 egg at a time until incorporated.
- Lower oven temp to 350 F.
- Pour filling into the crust and carefully place in the center rack of the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes until slightly golden and center is almost set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes and place in the fridge for atleast 4 hours or overnight. Cheesecake always tastes best the next day!