This pasta is one of my favorite quick meals. It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and is loaded with flavor! This recipe serves 2-4 people. Serve with crusty bread and a light, dry red wine!
- 16 oz Orecchiette
- 16 oz Italian sausage (spicy or mild)
- 2 cups Rapini or broccoli rabe
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino
- Olive oil as needed
- Kosher salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- To start, cook orecchiette in a pot of salted, boiling water. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, saute Italian sausage in a pan with olive oil. Cook all the way through.
- Add rapini to the sausage once cooked and saute until wilted.
- Add the cooked orecchiette to the pan with a splash of the pasta water and Parmigiano or Pecorino. Mix ingredients until well combined.
- Next stir in broken up pieces of the burrata and add salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Serve with a light, dry red wine and enjoy!