I go apple picking with my family every September and always end up with tons of apples. I like to make pies and cider typically, but one of my favorite recipes is apple spiced grappa! It’s something that takes time and is usually ready for Thanksgiving. I like to serve it warm after a big meal or on a cold night and it always hits the spot! You can use this recipe with any fruit you like but apple is perfect for this time of year!
- 750 ml homemade or store bought Grappa
- 1 qt sliced apples
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 cloves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Fill a large jar with the sliced apples, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, cloves, and sugar.
- Pour in grappa to cover.
- Seal and store in a dark place (basement, cellar) for 3-4 weeks.
- When ready, strain and seal again, let age for another month.
- Serve warm during the fall months!