This creamy Gorgonzola pasta with crunchy pistachios is the easiest and quickest pasta dish to prepare for lunch or dinner! It only takes about 15 minutes to make and is loaded with flavor and texture. I love how the shells create little pockets for the sauce and pistachios. You can add more ricotta and less Gorgonzola depending on how strong you like the Gorgonzola flavor as well! I used quite a bit of black pepper but you can season to your liking.
- 16 oz Conchiglie (shell pasta)
- 3 oz Gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crushed, roasted pistachios
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- Add Gorgonzola, ricotta, cream and pistachios to the pasta with a splash of pasta water. Stir or toss to combine; the pasta water and cheese should thicken and become saucy. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with a glass of Chianti or Prosecco. Note: This is a creamy sauce, you will need to salt this heavily to bring out all the flavors. Add a little at a time and taste test to make sure it’s to your liking before serving.