If you love fall desserts, you’ll love this pumpkin pecan gelato. This gelato is excellent served with caramel sauce, chopped nuts and whipped cream and also makes a great milkshake! It’s very easy to make but does require an ice cream machine which you can find for under $100 here.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, use a whisk to beat the egg yolks and sugar together. Set aside.
- Pour the milk and cream into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, slowly pour the milk into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly for about a minute (you do not want the eggs to cook).
- Pour the mixture back into the sauce pan over low heat. Stir until the mixture thickens.
- Next, stir in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, fold in pecans and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- Transfer gelato to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.
- Amazing served with caramel sauce, more chopped nuts and whipped cream!