This bright farro salad is absolutely delicious and full of nutrients. The pistachios add a nice crunch and texture! I love serving this as a side with grilled fish or meat. You can sprinkle some cheese like goat or feta on top to add some creaminess if you like!
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 thinly sliced radish
- 2 sliced Roma tomatoes
- Kosher salt to taste
- Olive oil as needed
- Optional: Goat cheese or feta cheese as needed
- In a pot, pour 2 cups of water, the farro and apple cider with a little salt and bring it to a simmer. Cook until liquid is evaporated and farro is tender (about 30 minutes). Let the farro cool in the fridge for about an hour.
- When farro is cool, whisk a 1/2 cup of olive oil with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Add the farro and pistachios. Stir or toss to combine.
- Fold in arugula, tomato slices, parsley, radish slices and salt to taste. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Serve right away.