This simple pasta e ceci recipe incorporates fresh parsley and bright lemon zest. It makes a great meal served warm and an awesome pasta salad served cold. You can prepare the chickpeas any way you like whether it’s straight from a can, sauteed or fried (like this delicious recipe here). I personally love fried chickpeas and they add nice texture to this dish. I added lots of fresh ground black pepper; red pepper flakes would make a great addition as well! This recipe serves 2-3 people.
- 8 oz pasta
- 15 oz chickpeas (canned, baked, sauteed or fried)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Fresh grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta of your choice in a pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- Add chickpeas, Parmigiano and a splash or so of pasta water to the pasta and stir or toss to combine.
- Add lemon zest and chopped parsley then salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with Pinot Grigio or Prosecco.