This simple vegetable and bean soup is the perfect meal to warm you up on a chilly day. I love to serve this with a grilled provolone sandwich for lunch or crusty bread and a glass of Chianti for dinner. I have tons of kale from my garden right now so I’ve been using it in every meal but you could substitute the kale for escarole or rapini if you like!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 can cannellini or Tuscan white beans, drained
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat chicken broth and tomato puree and stir together with a wooden spoon.
- Add the beans, kale, celery and shallot and bring up to a boil. Once up to a boil, turn down heat add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with Parmigiano!