This incredible recipe by An Italian in My Kitchen is guaranteed to be your new favorite!
Made with crispy fresh apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon, it is bursting with flavor!
FOR THE PIE CRUST
- 3/4 – 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
FOR THE APPLE FILLING
- 3 apples cleaned and chopped (I use Royal Gala)2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch