This antipasto salad is an excellent appetizer or light meal. I love all of these ingredients combined together. You can serve this salad with crusty bread, a sandwich or soup and enjoy it with some vino!
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 oz prosciutto, sliced thin
- 7 oz fresh ciliegine mozzarella
- 1 large heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch fresh basil, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup balsamic
- Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- In a large mixing bowl, add lettuce, avocado, prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato, onion, chickpeas, basil, balsamic and a splash of olive oil. Stir or toss to combine.
- Season with kosher salt, red pepper and black pepper. Serve with soup, a panino or as an appetizer.