Who doesn’t love pastina?! It is the ultimate comfort food and soooo soothing. It warms you up and makes everything better! I make my pastina like cacio e pepe with lots of black pepper and fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano. I also use acini di pepe for the pasta and cook it in chicken broth, it gives it so much more flavor! Make this for someone you love and you will make them incredibly happy!
- 1 lb acini di pepe
- 6 qts chicken broth
- 2-3 eggs
- 1-2 cups fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, pour in chicken broth and season with salt to taste. Bring up to a boil and add the acini di pepe.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 2 cups of the chicken broth before draining.
- Add eggs, Parmigiano and butter to the pasta and stir to combine (1-2 minutes) add a few splashes of reserved chicken broth in as you stir. Note: The consistency should be like porridge but pasta should be al dente.
- Taste test before adding more salt and add plenty of black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Serve in a bowl with more cheese and black pepper and enjoy!