This recipe for macaroni pie comes from Del Posto chef Tony Scotto’s family. This dish is a perfect side for Thanksgiving and Christmas! You can use any shaped pasta you like along with fresh herbs and creamy Italian cheeses. Garnish with lots of grated Parmigiano and black pepper and enjoy!
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano + more for garnish
- 1 cup Ricotta
- Burrata, shredded
- 1 bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Olive oil as needed
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted, boiling water until just before al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining and place the pasta in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cheeses and butter to the pasta with a splash of pasta water and mix well until incorporated.
- Add the herbs, onion, and salt to taste, mix until combined.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and add the pasta.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh grated Parmigiano, olive oil, and black pepper.
- Let rest before slicing and serving.