These zesty lemon cookies are so easy to make! If you have a lot of cookies to bake this season, you’ll love this simple recipe. Using a boxed cake mix is a great shortcut! I add a little lemon glaze to these cookies but you could also just dust them with powdered sugar depending on your liking. This recipe makes three dozen cookies.
For the cookies:
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp lemon extract and/or 2 tsp lemon zest
For the glaze:
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp of salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Pour cake mix, eggs, oil, lemon extract and zest in a bowl and mix until smooth and combined. Place mixture in the fridge for at least an hour and up to overnight to firm.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of the batter out and place on an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Note: You can also use a silicone mat to line your baking sheet.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cookies cool for about 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
- While to cookies cool, make the glaze by mixing together the ingredients in a bowl.
- Drizzle glaze on the cookies before serving.