This delicious amaretti crumb cake is super moist and simple to make. It’s a crowd-pleaser and great served for breakfast or dessert. You can make the cake from scratch or simply use cake mix and add amaretto liqueur and the amaretti crumb cake topping if you’re in a pinch! This recipe makes 10-12 servings.
For the cake:
- 2 1/2 cups ap flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup Disaronno or other amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
For the crumb topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups ap flour
- 1 cup crushed amaretti cookies
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Make the crumb topping first by pouring ingredients into a bowl and gently mixing into large crumbles. Do not overmix or else it will become pasty.
- To make the cake, use a hand or stand mixer and cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Next, add in the liqueur, eggs, ricotta and vanilla. Mix until smooth then add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix to fully combine (1-2 minutes).
- Pour the batter in the prepared baking dish and add the crumb topping on top. Press the topping slightly into the batter.
- Bake the cake for 45-55 minutes, checking to make sure it’s fully cooked after 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick of knife into the center of the cake, it should come out clean when it’s fully cooked.
- Remove cake and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares before serving.