These chocolate-peppermint biscotti are perfect dipped in hot cocoa or coffee. Enjoy these treats for breakfast or dessert!
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups ap flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Semisweet chocolate chips, if desired
- Crushed candy canes, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lighly grease cookie sheet. Mix sugar, butter, peppermint extract and eggs in large bowl with spoon until blended. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup candies and 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dough will be stiff). Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 10×2-inch rectangle on cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 15 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until light brown and crisp. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally. Dip half of each biscotti into melted chocolate; sprinkle with crushed candies. Cool completely on waxed paper.