These gingerbread cannoli cups are delicious and festive! This recipe makes 24 cups, serve for Christmas dessert and enjoy!
For the filling:
- 1 container (15 oz) whole-milk ricotta, drained
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup coarsely crushed gingersnap cookies, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk 1 container (15 oz) whole-milk ricotta, drained until smooth. Whisk in 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, and stir until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Set aside until ready to use.
- On lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts. Sprinkle each side of crust with spice blend. Roll a rolling pin over the crusts to press the spices into the dough. Cut dough into 2-inch rounds using a biscuit cutter. Press each dough round into a mini muffin cup.
- Bake about 8 minutes, or until pastry cups are golden brown. Cool completely in pans, about 15 minutes. Remove from muffin cups to cooling racks.
- Add chilled filling to a piping bag. Pipe filling into each cooled cup. Sprinkle with any remaining spice blend and crushed gingersnap cookies, if desired.