If you love Italian ricotta cookies, you will love this Christmas cookie cake! It’s so easy to make and your guests will enjoy it so much! Decorate with Christmas colored sprinkles to make it more festive if you like. This recipe from Tablespoon makes 12 servings.
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese, drained
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 325° F. Spray a 9” springform pan with baking spray.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together ricotta, eggs and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, combine cream and olive oil. Add cake mix to ricotta mixture in small amounts, alternating with adding the cream and olive oil mixture. Beat until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Once baked, move to a cooling rack, and completely before removing from springform pan and moving to a serving platter or plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Use more or less milk depending on the consistency of the frosting. It should be pourable, but not excessively runny. Drizzle icing over cake, and sprinkle with nonpareils. Allow frosting to set before slicing and serving.