These delicious ricotta cheesecake bars have a yummy crumb topping and are so easy to make. They only require 8 simple ingredients and make 36 servings. These cheesecake bars are the best to put out for guests!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (12 Tablespoons) butter, plus 1 Tablespoon for greasing the baking dish (room temperature)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese (1 lb)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Pulse a few times to combine. Add the butter, in 1 Tablespoon pieces to the flour and pulse to combine, until the butter is dispersed in the flour and is a crumbly texture with pea sized butter pieces throughout.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Put 2/3 of the flour mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and firmly press it into the bottom of the dish.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the crust and sprinkle the remaining flour mixture over the top of the ricotta filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let the bars cool for 10 minutes before cutting them into pieces.