Perfect any time of the day and doesn’t take long to make!
- 1 eggplant (sliced thinly and scored)
- 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes (Bianco DiNapoli)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste.
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/4 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (more for drizzling and brushing eggplant)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 basil leaves (chiffonade + more for topping
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 2 large slices of rustic bread or 4 medium slices
- fresh mozzarella to taste (I do one slice in between each eggplant round)
- parmigiano reggiano to taste
- 3-4 thin slices scarmoza per slice of bread
- crushed red pepper to taste.