The global adoration for Italian food has been influenced by many factors and one of these is the media, such as cooking programs and celebrity cooking books. One chef who has played a significant role in the love for Italian food is celebrity chef Aldo Zilli. Here are some interesting facts about this culinary genius.
Photo by Austin Ban on Unsplash
- Aldo Zilli was born on January 26, 1956, in Alba Adriatica in Abruzzo.
- He is one of nine children. He has seven brothers and just one sister.
- He was inspired to cook by his mother who allowed him to help in the kitchen from the age of 8.
- He moved to England when he was 20.
- He worked in a primary school for four years and became well-known for the pizza and pasta he served the children.
- He appeared on a television show called ‘One Man and His Hob, Good Food Live’.
- If he could only have three foods in his fridge they would be DIVO Ricotta, eggplants, and Parma ham.
- His favorite meal is risotto and he enjoys making his own pasta.
- Aldo has a son called Rocco and two daughters called Laura and Twiggy. His oldest daughter Laura is a model and singer.
- He married his wife Nikki in 2005 in Barbados.
- Aldo has four restaurants in London all with Zilli in the name. He also has a restaurant at Centre Parcs in Longleat in England and another on a cruise liner.
- He has helped Thomson Airways to create in-flight meals and developed recipes using Philadelphia cheese for Kraft Foods.
- Aldo Zilli helped a family to lose weight on ‘Lorraine Kelly’s Big Fat Challenge’.
- He appeared in the third series of ‘Celebrity Fit Club’.
- He has a vegetable patch in his garden where he likes to potter around with his children in his free time.