Quentin Tarantino is a famous Italian-American director, writer, and actor. He is often considered one of the most talented and successful people in the movie industry. Here are some interesting facts about this well-known Italian-American.
- Quentin Jerome Tarantino was born in Knoxville, Tennessee, on March 27, 1963.
- His ancestry is Italian, Cherokee and Irish.
- He left school at 16 to follow his dream of becoming an actor. He trained at James Best Theater Company for two years but dropped out when he became bored.
- Tarantino has claimed that working in a video store when he was younger has influenced his directorial choices. It gave him the opportunity to observe people and learn what they like to watch.
- Quentin Tarantino has never been married and has no children.
- A fire in 1987 almost completely destroyed the film reels for a movie Tarantino had written called ‘My Best Friend’s Birthday’. However, the screenplay for this film was used as a basis for the 1993 movie, ‘True Romance’.
- In his hit film ‘Pulp Fiction’, the clocks in the pawn shop are all set to the same time- 4:20.
- In ‘Inglorious Basterds’, The Bear Jew carries a bat. This has names inscribed in it, one of which is Anne Frank.
- Tarantino once played the role of an Elvis impersonator in the hit TV comedy series, The Golden Girls.
- He uses an unusual strategy to captivate the interest of the audience watching his movies. He claims that 20 percent of each of his movies is unseen. An example of this is the suitcase in Pulp Fiction. The contents of this are never revealed.
- Tarantino nearly lost a nipple in a fight with a taxi driver after the driver insulted his
- The Kill Bill soundtrack was scored for $1 by Tarantino’s friend, Robert Rodriguez. Tarantino then returned the favor by directing one scene in Sin City, Rodriguez’s film, for $1.
Main Image: Pixabay