Spice up your ordinary sausage sandwich with this garden fresh recipe that you will absolutely adore!
At the end of summer, many Italians have fresh zucchini and roasted red peppers from the garden! What better way to use these delicious ingredients than to make sauteed Zucchini, Peppers, and Onions! It makes for the perfect side dish but also can be added to sausage sandwiches for a delicious and fresh touch! This recipe is from my Noni and is one of my favorites! Enjoy!
- 6 small tender zucchinis (sliced medium)
- 1 medium-sized onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 roasted red peppers (sliced)
- Black pepper and hot pepper to taste
- Carmelize onion in olive oil
- When the onion begins to get translucent, add in chopped garlic and saute
- Add in sliced zucchini. When zucchini is almost done, add in roasted peppers.
- Continue to stir until all the ingredients become nicely caramelized. Add in black pepper and hot pepper to taste. Enjoy!