Food is a reoccurring theme in comedian Sebastian Maniscalco’s standup. It’s something Italians can always bond and laugh about! Maniscalco recently shared his grandmothers stuffed meatball recipe and it sounds delicious! Serve them over pasta or on crusty bread for a delicious meatball sandwich!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Sprigs of parsley, chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano cheese, garlic, eggs, salt and parsley in large mixing bowl with your hands.
2. Add water to make mixture softer.
3. Form the mixture into balls and set aside. I like to make bigger balls, 2 inches in diameter if eating alone or slightly smaller if adding to a pasta dish.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add meatballs and cook to brown on all sides, starting with 5 minutes on the first side and then rotating more frequently thereafter.
6. When all of the meatballs have nice brown crust, remove from skillet.
7. Serve with your favorite pasta, zucchini noodles and sauce.