I serve this creamy polenta with a giant arugula salad, crusty bread and a glass of red wine!
- 1 cup Polenta corn grits (cooked according to instructions)
- 1 can Cannellini beans, drained
- Fresh grated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Red pepper flakes (as spicy or as mild as you like)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Cook polenta according to brand instructions. It is usually a 4:1 water to grits ratio, butter and cheese.
- Once polenta is cooked, add cannellini beans, chives, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper. Stir to incorporate.
Note: If you used salted water to cook your polenta (which you should always!), make sure to taste before adding more salt.
- Garnish with a drizzle of honey, olive oil and cheese.