- 4 Italian sausage links
- 4 Turano french rolls
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Splash of red wine
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grill Italian sausage and bell pepper slices until tender. Sausage links do not need to be cooked all the way through, just enough for some good char marks and color.
- In a dutch oven or covered pan, put sausage, peppers, 1/2 cup chicken stock (or enough to cover the bottom of the pan and up to 1/2 inch of the sausages) and splash of wine. Add 1 tsp of salt. Braise in the oven covered for 1 hour.
- Toast rolls and put sausage and peppers inside. Serve and enjoy!