This pasta is full of fresh garden goodies and creamy burrata cheese. Zucchini is a great staple ingredient for pasta and always my go-to for a quick meal. The inside of the burrata coats the pasta and makes a nice creamy sauce while the exterior bits are like pieces of fresh mozzarella! Basil brightens this dish while black pepper adds a little bite. Serve this with either red or white wine, salad and bread for a wonderful meal!
- 16 oz Gemelli pasta
- 2 burrata balls
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Cook gemelli in a pot of salted, boiling water until al dente, drain. Reserve a cup of pasta water toward the end of the boil for later.
- Meanwhile, sautee sliced zucchini in olive oil and season with salt and black pepper (I like a lot of black pepper, this amount is up to you).
3. Break up burrata balls into pieces and put in the cooked gemelli with olive oil and a splash of pasta water. Stir until combined and pasta is coated. Chunks of burrata cheese are okay!
4. Add cooked zucchini to the pasta and stir. Taste test and season with salt as needed.
5. Garnish with fresh basil and more burrata if desired.