One of the most classic summer foods to me is fried zucchini flowers! It’s something I’ve always enjoyed; whether they’re stuffed, added to pasta, served with burrata or dipped in sauce, zucchini flowers are delicious. In our YouTube series Cookin’ With G, host Giuliana Calascibetta makes amazing fried zucchini flowers. They take weeks to bloom but only 20 minutes to make!
- 10 zucchini flowers
- 3 large basil leaves, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups pancake mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 cup creamer
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Combine pancake mix, onion powder, garlic powder and creamer and stir until you have a nice batter consistency. Stir in sliced basil leaves.
- Add vegetable oil to a frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip zucchini flowers in the batter until they are completely coated.
- Fry flowers until they are golden brown and sprinkle with salt.
Check out my favorite fried zucchini recipes here: