This pesto bucatini is made with ingredients from our Hardcore Italians store! I used our Pastificio Gentile Bucatini and our Spoletina Pesto alla Genovese, both of which are outstanding, authentic products made in Italy! I loved using them to make a fast and really tasty meal. I added sauteed zucchini and fried zucchini flowers from my late garden harvest, as well as some burrata with crushed pistachios and it was so yummy! You can purchase the pesto and bucatini by clicking the link here or visiting our webstore.
- 16 oz Pastificio Gentile Bucatini IGP
- 1 jar (280 g) Spoletina Pesto alla Genovese
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts chopped
- Optional: 6 zucchini blossoms
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- To start, cook bucatini in a pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- Saute zucchini in olive oil until golden brown and tender. Set aside.
- If you want to add the optional zucchini blossoms, saute them in olive oil until both sides are golden, then let them drain on paper towels until you’re ready to plate. Salt them while they are hot.
- Once you’ve drained your pasta, add it back into the pot with the pesto sauce, a splash of pasta water, zucchini and salt and pepper to taste. Mix with tongs or a wooden spoon.
- To plate, put pasta in a bowl and top it with burrata, a tiny pinch of salt, crushed pistachios and fried zucchini flowers.