This creamy, pumpkin pasta is a yummy and comforting fall meal. Instead of the usual tomato puree, I used pumpkin puree and Parmigiano with fried sage. I love how these flavors compliment each other. The thick sauce is perfect for Campanelle pasta which is cone-shaped with a ruffled edge. This would also be delicious with crispy pancetta or roasted chicken.
- 16 oz Campanelle pasta
- 16 oz pumpkin puree fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- In a pot of salted, boiling water, cook Campanelle until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- In a pan with a little olive oil, fry sage leaves for about 30-60 seconds. Drain sage on a plate lined with paper towels. They should be crispy!
- Add the pumpkin puree, cream, Parmigiano and a splash of pasta water to the pasta and stir or toss to combine.
- Add salt, black pepper and red pepper to taste. Garnish with fried sage leaves.