This fresh veggie soup is so tasty and warms you up on a cold day. It’s loaded with healthy ingredients and flavor. I love serving this soup with a grilled provolone sandwich on the side and dipping it in the soup! You can play around with the ingredients and add more or less depending on your liking. This recipe serves 2-4 people.
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups escarole, chopped
- 1 cup red or green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cremini or baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano for garnish
- Pour broth, tomatoes, escarole, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, chickpeas, shallot, garlic and oregano into a stock pot or dutch oven and bring up to a boil. Reduce to heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in cooked farro and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cheese for garnish.