One of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes is mashed potatoes and there are so many ways to make them! I like them best whipped with ricotta and mascarpone; it makes them so smooth and creamy. I typically use a hand mixer to whip them but a potato masher works just as well. I also leave the skins on but you can remove them before boiling if you don’t like the skin. This recipe serves 4.
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Chives as needed
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender all the way through. Drain water.
- Note: You can either mash the potatoes by hand in the pot using a potato masher or hand mixer or you can transfer to a bowl and use a stand mixer.
- Add the butter, mascarpone and ricotta to the potatoes and mash or whip the potatoes until smooth and creamy.
- Add salt, pepper, and chives to taste. Serve with butter if desired and garnish with chives.