In this video, take a tour of Montreal’s Little Italy neighborhood and cook a classic Northern Italian meal with chefs Danny Smiles and Elena Faita. Quincaillerie Dante is Elena’s old school spot in the heart of Little Italy in Montreal. Learn her recipe for rabbit and polenta, a hearty dish perfect for a chilly day.
- 1 whole rabbit
- 100 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 100 g pancetta, diced
- 2 sprigs of sage
- 2 springs of rosemary
- Herbed sea salt as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Butcher the rabbit as shown in the video and place in a large baking pan. Season with sea salt and fresh herbs. Sprinkle with pancetta and butter.
- Roast the rabbit uncovered for about an hour to an hour and half.
- Cook polenta and serve with roasted rabbit.