Chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks! I love them fried (like in this recipe here) but baked is a nice, healthy alternative. This recipe incorporates black pepper and Pecorino cheese to recreate one of my favorite pastas, cacio e pepe. This is a great protein rich, gluten free option!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Pecorino Romano
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas with a splash of olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake chickpeas on a rimmed sheet tray for 30-40 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Make sure to mix chickpeas around halfway through to bake evenly. (Optional: fry them using this recipe here)
- Sprinkle Pecorino over chickpeas and toss with more salt to taste. Serve warm.