If you have a garden at home then you probably have an abundance of fresh produce right now! I have lots of zucchini and tomatoes so I made this amazing pasta with sauteed zucchini and sun dried tomatoes. The base of this dish is basically cacio e pepe with some veggies thrown in. It’s full of flavor and one of my favorite dishes!
- 1 cup of pasta per person
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes (try this homemade sun dried tomato recipe)
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- Olive oil as needed
- Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and reserve a cup of the pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, saute zucchini in olive oil with salt until tender and browned.
- Add Parmigiano or Pecorino, black pepper and a splash of the hot pasta water into a pan over no flame and mix vigorously with a whisk or wooden spoon until it is saucy. Add pasta, zucchini and sun dried tomatoes, toss or mix with a wooden spoon. Salt to taste and serve.