Calzoni are like delicious portable pizzas stuffed with all different types of ingredients. Try out this amazing recipe by Best Pizza owner, Frank Pinello. Use your imagination and try different ingredients! Let us know what you like to use in the comments below!
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- Lightly flour a work surface and begin pressing out the dough into a circle with your fingers.
- Add grated mozzarella to the center of the dough. Add a light layer of ricotta on top and season with salt, fresh ground black pepper and lemon zest. Add another layer of fresh grated mozzarella on top.
- Begin folding your calzone over itself like a half moon.
- Pinch the round side of the calzone with your fingers or use the handle of a pizza cutter to seal. Cut off the rough edges using a pizza cutter or knife.
- Score the top of the calzone in the shape of an X.
- Transfer calzone to a lightly oiled baking tray and brush the top of the calzone with more olive oil.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.